Why is it so amazing?
You Will Be Rewarded Personally For Your Efforts
We believe you should work to live and not live to work. What that means is:
- You will work a 4 day week with a regular RDO every week
- No After hours
- No Public Holidays
- 1 in 4 Saturday mornings 9 – 12pm
- 30 min consults with a dedicated vet assistant – minimal notes and NO Billing
You will also enjoy:
- 6 Weeks Leave
- 4 weeks of paid Annual Leave
- Optional 1 week unpaid Annual Leave (not compulsory but it’s always nice to have the option)
- PLUS 1 week of CE/Study Leave
- A CE minimum allowance of $1K (pro rata) that can be negotiated upwards depending on desired course
- A generous starting salary (negotiable depending on experience) + Super
- The right new graduate would also enjoy these benefits – Salary to be negotiated
- Wellbeing initiatives including corporate massage and social events
You Will Become Part of A Truly Incredible Team
Anyone can say that but:
- Every day we open our doors to care not only for our patients but for each other;
- Our primary vision is to make Bentons Road Veterinary Clinic a compelling place to both visit and work;
- Every team member in our practice has the opportunity to bring value, to grow and become a part of something that we consider to be outstanding within our profession.
- We also strive to live by our 3 core values
Be Invested, Practice Integrity, Excercise Compassion
- Living these 3 core values on a daily basis helps guide our staff and our clinic towards our ultimate mission.
You Will Be Supported Every Step of Way
- Daily Huddles – so that all staff are able to connect with each other and prepare for the day
- Fortnightly Team meetings, where all members contribute to the culture and standards of the clinic
- Bi-monthly Veterinarian meetings, where vets collaborate on Standards of Care and discuss recent cases and product developments
- A high Support Staff to Vet ratio – Dedicated receptionist, Dedicated Vet Assistants (no more notes or billing), and highly skilled and dedicated Surgical and Hospital Staff
- A generous continuing education package including personal development
Your Professional and Technical Growth Will Be Encouraged
- We will encourage you to develop areas of interest
- Your Continuous Education can then be targeted around your chosen special interest area
- We have a varied small animal case load to advance your skills
- You will have support to work up cases in line with a high standard of veterinary medicine
- You will have the opportunity to advance your proficiency in all areas of small animal medicine
Who We Are & Why We Do What We Do
Bentons Road Vet Clinic, Mt Martha, opened our doors in April of 2015, with Dr Kelly Halls as the sole practitioner. From these early days, our focus has always been to practice ethical medicine and promote true pet health. This philosophy has evolved over time to now be the main prerogative of the practice.Since 2015, the practice has seen exponential growth however we have remained dedicated to providing a supportive and stress free environment for all our staff. Being a family friendly practice, this workforce is contributed to by many part time veterinarians and support staff, allowing actual work-life balance to be achievable.
The clinic upholds a reputation of providing a very high level of care and exceptional customer service, as evidenced by our ever-growing and geographically distanced client base. Our approach fosters great trust with our clients, who more readily accept our advice and recommendations. This enables our vets exceptional opportunities to provide necessary surgical, medical and complementary care to our clients and their pets.
Who We Are Looking For
We are looking for a veterinarian who is strongly team orientated. The successful candidate would need to:
Be a willing and productive team member who understands, appreciates, and practices the value of communication with colleagues and clients
Have confidence with small animal surgery and medicine
Embrace sole charge when needed
Have a deep and abiding desire to develop and pursue their continuing education
Have an open minded approach to veterinary medicine and work collaboratively with colleagues to provide the best care for our clients.
Where To From Here
If you are just looking “for a job”, then this position won’t suit you but if what you read sounds exactly what you’re looking for, then the opportunity to join our team awaits. Grab it with both hands….